Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bootleg Canyon Vacation Ride

Was out in Las Vegas this last weekend. Wanted to get a little riding in so I conned a few of the folks I was with into doing a tour of Bootleg Canyon with me. This the same trail system they use for the Interbike dirt demo last year.

The tour was through a shop right by the trail system, All Mountain Cyclery. I just brought my bike cloths, pedals, shoes and Garmin in my carry on bag. They picked us up from our hotel on the strip and provided everything else. We had a great experience, highly recommended outfit.

Happened to be there during Brent Thomson memorial festive/race. Normally I guess they wouldn't have run a tour with a race going on, but I registered before that came about. Very accommodating considering how much was going on.

More info on Brent Thomson:
http://www.mtbtrailreview.com/blog/brands/brent-thomson-medical-fund/
http://www.mtbtrailreview.com/blog/brands/brent-thomson-rip/

Topo & GPS track of our ride:



Rode out from the shop. Stopped my gps before riding back though since we hung out at the festival for a bit.



In relation to Vegas.



Speed & HR. Ended up being more of an interval training ride for me. The guide and I would hammer for a bit, get to an intersection and then wait for my people to catch up. Worked out pretty well.

GPS: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2565538

We rode the XC trails out there. Very fast and great flow with lots of awesome technical stuff tossed in.



Squishy bike with gears and little wheels. Fun change of pace.



Our guide.









Whoops! Getting unclipped is serious business.



Me apparently taking a nap before dropping in on fast section. You can barely see Vegas in the background of that photo.



Group shot.

Some people racing:











Here is a video of someone running one of the DH runs:
http://vholdr.com/video/cameron-mccaul-killing-boot-leg-canyon

Anyway. All Mountain Cyclery. Highly recommended if you find yourself out in Vegas. Great equipment and service. Our guide, name was Knight I believe, was awesome. It was fun to be out with a good rider that knew all the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment