Monday, May 11, 2009

Up The Creek Century

Saturday I completed my first century, Up the Creek Without a Pedal.



As you can see above, the loop started at the north end of Rome, GA. Course had very little traffic on it. Roads where nice and rolling the whole time. No huge climbs but still managed to accumulate over 4,000 ft of elevation gain. Weather was absolutely perfect. Cloudy and in the mid 70s. Few scattered showers. Not enough to soak you but enough to cool you off. SAG stops where great (though I only hit one) and the route was well marked.



Huge thanks chocolate girl, Roger and Greg for showing me the ropes. CG convinced me to go all out and stay with the lead pack. Overall average speed was high 23 mph when my legs where toasted and I dropped out the back, 55 miles in.



From there I sat up and did a nice easy spin to the next rest stop. Stretched, reloaded and jumped in with a group of three North Atlanta Riding Club guys. Had some more opportunities to take photos as I wasn't riding WFO like before.







At mile 85, I caught back up to Roger as he was coming out of a SAG. Jumped in behind him and we finished off the ride.





More photos and stuff:
http://sorba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26934

Stats:
Time: 04:49:02
Distance: 99.10 mi
Elevation Gain: 4,064 ft
Avg Speed: 20.6 mph
Avg Heart Rate: 152 bpm

GPS: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/5119831

In other news, my White Industries stuff came in and now I've finally got my Lynskey Ridgeline how I wanted. Took it for a nice recovery paced ride at Blankets Creek on Sunday. Hit all three loops.



She weighs in at just a hair over 23lbs with the following build:

Lynskey Ridgeline (large frame)
Chris King hubs on Flow rims (built by Scott at Addictive Cycles)
Hutchinson Python (tubeless)
Fox F29 (80mm)
Avid Elixir CR (185mm rotors)
White Industries ENO cranks (180mm)
White Industries ti axle BB
White Industries 32t chain ring
Chris King headset
Chris King 18t cog
Thompson seat post and stem
Selle Italia SLR saddle
Crank Brothers Eggbeater SL
Salsa bars
ESI grips
SRAM 850 chain
8mm x 1.25mm x 16mm stainless steel hex bolts for the slider

More info in this thread:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=517827

2 comments:

  1. You did incredible in your first century and should be proud. I'm proud of you, and impressed! Cool new bike too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that's smokin for your first century

    ReplyDelete