Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Powertab Pro+ Wheelset

Reality Bikes built me up a sweet new rear wheel. PowerTap Pro+ hub, DT Comp spokes and 28h Mavic Open Pro rim. Skipped the PowerTap head unit and am using it when my Garmin Edge 705. Too cheap to spend $130 for TrainingPeaks WKO+ so I'm using Golden Cheetah for analysis on the computer. Seems to work real well for me.



Found a decent place to do a 20 min TT (Campground Rd) that's within riding distance of my house. For around here, it's fairly flat and straight. Unfortunately, has one 4-way stop that I have to slow down for.



213 avg watts. Guess that's a decent baseline. I was a little hungover and probably didn't warm up enough. Should be easy to beat.

And while we are at it, here are a few other recent roadie photos.





Looking forward to doing Snake Creek Gap Time Trial #1 on January 2nd. Shooting for 5hr, plus or minus a little, depending on the weather. Treating it more as a group ride. Last year I did the January TT in 5 hr 29 min.

The March TT, which is the 3rd in the series, will be a different story. Last year I did it in 4 hr 14 min. I'd really like to do it in 4hr or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment