Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Central Coast Circuit Race #2 & Early Bird Crit #5

Last Saturday, Kristen and I went down to Fort Ord near Monterey and I raced the second Central Coast Circuit Race (CCCX) of the year.



E5. Ended up 7th out of 35.

Five, 4.3 mile laps on a closed course. Nice little 200ft climb on each lap really got me anaerobic and split up the pack. Then, a very fun 40mph descent into two turns before a short climb to the start/finish line.

GPS: http://app.strava.com/rides/301590



Oh and my new Scott Addict R1 was fantastic. Loving it.



Sunday, I hit up the last Early Bird crit. Number 5 (though only the 3rd for me).

It was way sketchy. Two guys next to me crashed during the clinic before the race. No crashes during the actual race, but a few close calls. Last lap, things got real dicey so I dropped to the back and gave myself some room.

Finished with the pack and ended up 25 out of 45.

http://app.strava.com/rides/303682

That gave me enough points to upgrade to 4 but I'm already registered as a 5 for Snelling Road Race in a few weeks, so I'm going to hold off on upgrading.

No comments:

Post a Comment