Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Snake Creek Gap TT #1

Rode the 34 mile (it's really 32) Snake Creek Gap Time Trial this last Saturday. Note; I said rode, not raced! Very, very cold out. Started at 19f and stayed in the low 20s for the majority of the race. Legs never warmed up. Feet where frozen numb. I took it easy. Stopped a number of times to mess around with those chemical foot warmer packs. Never warmed up my shoes enough to thaw out my toes.



Crashed once. My bicycle stopped moving, specifically the front wheel, while I kept going. Over the handle bars. Hit the ground and rolled. Fortunately, no damage to the body or the bicycle.



Time ended up being 5:34. Avg HR was 147. Compare to the 3rd TT in March of last year when the conditions and weather where perfect and I really tried hard. 4:14, 165 avg HR. But yeah, I guess 5:34 is fine for January. I really just wanted to get the miles in.

Also put in a solid 2hr road ride the previous day and an easy 2hr on the rollers the following day. Nine hours of riding over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment