Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter Fitness

Been a really wet winter here. Puts a damper on mountain biking and road riding. Haven't gotten the riding I wanted in.

I came up with the bright idea of exercising every single day and making a log of it. Some days will be epic rides and races, others recover days and the rest, something in between. Been doing mountain biking, cycling, riding inside on the rollers, CrossFit (strength and conditioning) and a little running. Lots of options makes it easy to work around my schedule, mood and the weather.

This is what I've got so far:





Here is my roller setup:



Chill inside and watch entertainment on the big plasma display. TV doesn't work too well with the noise from the rollers, bike and fan so I've been watching Blu-Ray movies with subtitles. Go Netflix.

Been having fun doing a lot of strength and conditioning work at the CF affiliate CrossFit North Fulton. Even got the wife coming with me and doing it. It's a fun way to suffer with others.

Hit a big CrossFit milestone last month and got my first muscle up:



As for running? I've got a 2 mile loop around my subdivision with a little over 300 ft of climbing. Usually do it twice for a nice easy 4 miles in 40 minutes. I can run a lot faster then that but it's hard for me to push it when I'm by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment